Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork with Pears

Monday, January 13, 2014 - Posted by Bethany
One of my New Year Resolutions was to not only eat healthy, but to budget our groceries better. That put me in search of budget-friendly healthy recipes. One of the recipes I came across was Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pork with Pears. I'll be totally honest, I think this is the very first time I have ever prepared pork (besides bacon) at home. I was pleasantly surprised at how lean the meat was and how the flavor
complimented the blue cheese. I love the sweet pears, with the salty pork, and creamy blue cheese.

Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork with Pears



Ingredients:
4- 4 oz boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp butter
1 tsp sugar
1 ripe pear, cored and cut into thin wedges

Directions:
Cut slits in pork and stuff with blue cheese. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add pork and heat each side 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155° F. Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes.

To prepare pears, in small saute pan melt butter. Stir in sugar. Over medium heat, saute pears until lightly browned.

Serve pork and pears together and enjoy!

Adapted from My Recipes