Blue Cheese and Onion Sauce

Friday, November 22, 2013 - Posted by Bethany
I very seldom make steaks at home. They are hard to cook and my husband is picky about the temperature. I tend to always get them too done or not done enough (Nothing worse than a steak that still says "moo"). With practice I'm getting better though! When I do decide to give them a try, I like to make them with this topping. The onions cut down on some of the blue cheese flavor and is the perfect combination paired with a steak. Some believe a good steak doesn't need any additional flavors, and they are right- a good steak will taste good on its own. However, why have good when you can have amazing?


Blue Cheese and Onion Sauce




For 2-3 steaks:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 onion, sliced
3/4 cup milk or heavy cream
1/2 mounded cup blue cheese crumbles



Directions:
Melt butter in fry pan and then saute onions in butter until they are soft and caramelized. Add milk and reduce heat so that the milk simmers, stir occasionally. When milk has reduced to about half, add in blue cheese. Remove from heat and stir until cheese and melted.


Adapted frpm The Pioneer Woman