Jellied Cranberry Sauce

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - Posted by Bethany
You can't have Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce. I have loved it ever since I can remember and my grandma does a wonderful job of making sure there is extra for me to take home. This year I wanted to venture out on my own and spice it up a little. I found just what I was looking for... Cinnamon is the secret ingredient to this tart holiday side.

Jellied Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients:
12 oz fresh cranberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
4 oz water
2 oz triple sec (optional)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to medium sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until all the berries have popped and sauce has thickened.

Sauce will thicken a little when it cools. If sauce gets too thick for your taste, add water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.


Also tastes great on a Toasted Brie with Cranberry!