Deluxe Oatmeal

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - Posted by Bethany
I've heard a couple times over the past few weeks that a person's taste change every 7 years. It might be an old wives' tale, but I do believe a person's taste develop throughout life. For example, I would eat anything growing up... except oatmeal and olives. I still don't eat olives, however, I now eat oatmeal. In the past couple years I have come to love oatmeal and I actually eat it for breakfast almost every morning. One of the nurses I work with occasionally brings in this yummy oatmeal casserole to share with everyone. She always plays with the flavors and it's a big hit.

Deluxe Oatmeal



Serves 4-6
Ingredients:
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup berries of choice

Other options: nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips.

Directions:
Mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and berries in large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and mashed banana. Then add to dry ingredients. Stir together then add to greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish. Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes, until center is set.