Little Cheddar Meatloaves

Saturday, November 2, 2013 - Posted by Bethany
When my I got married, just over 6 years ago (yes, time does fly!), a family friend had people give her recipes and put together this awesome recipe box for me. It was nice being newly married and having all these great recipes that were hand-written by family and friends. One of my favorites was called "Lil Cheddar Meatloaves." I thought it was a great family secret recipe. I've made it for potlucks and family events, everyone just loves them. Just recently, in some recipe browsing, I discovered that it is actually a Taste of  Home recipe. Funny how recipes spread. So, as a favorite of me and my husband, I thought I'd share this super easy recipe that should be a staple in every home.

Little Cheddar Meatloaves
Makes 8 loaves.
Ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp mustard

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 9 x 13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, and salt. Add beef to mixture and mix well. Shape into 8 loaves and place in greased 9 x 13 pan. (I like to weigh the beef to make the loaves even)
2. In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread over loaves. (This is the best part, so if you make a little extra it won't hurt)
3. Bake uncovered, at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and meat thermometer reads over 160° F.

Originally from: Taste of Home